this is definitely one of those “easier said than done” things and definitely not an “be all end all” method to calming anxious thoughts but sometimes just the process and patience of asking + answering questions to yourself is helpful.
for those moments that we are our own best friend:
sometimes neglecting your basic bodily needs is the final straw. consider these questions and tend to them accordingly. this isn’t a to-do list, but rather to draw your attention to what your body might be asking for.
- When was the last time you ate?
- Did you have a piece of fruit today?
- Have you taken a moment to yourself today?
- When was the last time you took a shower?
- Have you seen a friend today?
- Have you moved around in the last few hours?